- Recreation Centers
- Lake Lotus Park
Lake Lotus Park
NOTE: The boardwalks and some of the trail system is closed to the public until further notice. Please check back for updates as they become available.
Lake Lotus Park is the City of Altamonte Springs’ nature preserve. The total area is approximately 150 acres, including 120 acres of woods and wetlands. The property around Lake Lotus was purchased in the late 1800s as settlers came from around the country for the large amounts of land and desirable climate. The arrival of the railway spurred the development of the area and the property was turned into Lake Lotus Park. In 1972, the City of Altamonte Springs purchased the property to keep the unique ecosystem preserved from development. The park is a diverse, natural habitat that provides limitless natural encounters with flora and fauna.
- 120 Acres of Woods and Wetlands
- 1 Mile of Raised Boardwalk (Closed Until Further Notice)
- Enclosed Window on the Lake (Closed Until Further Notice)
- Picnic Pavilions and Barbecue Grills
- Enclosed Pavilion for Rental Events
- Education Center
- Fishing Pier (Closed Until Further Notice)
- Playground Areas
- No dogs or pets of any kind are permitted.
- Coolers and picnic baskets are permitted.
- Grills are available for charcoal only.
- No ground fires.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- No camping or hunting.
- No swimming.
- No boat or canoe access.
- Skateboards, roller skates, skate shoes, glass and gas grills are prohibited.
- Bikes are only permitted on the paved road.
- Fishing is only permitted on the pier. (A Florida fishing license is required.)
- The park is not responsible for lost/stolen items.
- Do not feed or tease the animals.
- Do not remove, deface or disturb the park’s natural resources, including wildlife.
- Do not litter or throw objects in the water.
Parking is available at the center of the park near the pavilions. Off-site parking is also available on Magnolia Homes Road.
Pavilions are available for rent by the day or half day. Open pavilions not rented in advance can be used on a first-come, first-serve basis when available. To make a reservation, call (407) 571-8795.