The ABA offers players the opportunity to join a travel team and develop a broader set of techniques while engaging in meaningful competition. Teams are managed by professional ABA instructors who are committed to training and creating well-rounded athletes.
Teams practice weekly out of Eastmonte Park and compete in monthly tournaments in the Central Florida area. The ABA travel team program is structured for 9U to 15U divisions and focuses on teaching players the skills needed for success at the high school level.
In addition, the program emphasizes the importance of fundamentals and how to play the game with a positive mindset and tremendous effort on a daily basis. Players offered roster spots must commit to a full season and pay the appropriate team fees, which vary by division.
2021 Fall Travel Team Tryouts
Initial rostered registration fee is $450. Monthly fees vary by division. ABA Travel Team tryouts will take place over the course of three days. Check-in for each day will start an hour before the tryout session begins. More information about the season schedule for each team will be provided at the tryout.
- Pitchers & Catchers
Friday, July 30 | Check-In at 5 p.m. | Tryout Begins at 6 p.m.
- Player Evaluations
Saturday, July 31 | Check-In at 9 a.m. | Tryout Begins at 10 a.m.
- Game Assessment
Sunday, August 1 | Check-In at 9 a.m. | Tryout Begins at 10 a.m.
Health & Safety Guidelines
The City of Altamonte Springs is committed to keeping participants and staff safe and healthy during this unprecedented time. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have prepared a list of guidelines.
Staff & Volunteer Coaches
- Staff and volunteer coaches who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 will stay home.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will carry sanitizer at all times.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer, and covering of coughs and sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Staff and volunteer coaches will practice hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette.
- Staff will enhance cleaning and disinfecting schedules and procedures.
Participants, Parents & Spectators
- Participants and parents who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- Parents are asked to self-report any instances of positive COVID-19 cases of registered participants as well as any contact the registered participant has had with any individual who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Participants are urged to follow established guidance on personal hygiene, hand washing and hand sanitizer.
- Please be advised that the City is required to release participant names, dates of birth, address and phone numbers to local, state and federal agencies upon request as it relates to COVID-19 contact tracing efforts.