2022 PROGRAM OVERVIEW
Experience an internship like no other! Join a dynamic and innovative team that creates a thriving and flourishing community. Learn strategies the City of Altamonte Springs uses to impact a growing population of residents through innovative solutions and advanced technologies.
Whether the City is working to organize a press event, reviewing architectural plans for the latest trending restaurant, drafting social media posts or developing one of the state’s most innovative water treatment initiatives—we are an organization that offers exclusive experiences.
This one-of-a-kind internship, hosted through the Altamonte Springs Science Incubator (AS2I) program, will teach students how local government actively shapes the vitality and resilience of a City’s operations while also highlighting opportunities in STEM-related careers.
Interns will job shadow and work with City professionals to get hands-on training. Assigned tasks will allow students to explore the unique ways government makes a difference in people’s everyday lives. Disciplines include, but are not limited to, strategic communication, information technology, code enforcement, executive administration, growth management, human resources, engineering, water conservation, wastewater management and more. The program also includes extra perks such as resume review, one-on-one interview training and office etiquette.
It is important now more than ever to inspire interest in these career fields as we cultivate talented thought leaders for our emerging workforce. We are looking for bright students who have a passion for creating a better community for generations to come.
- Interns are paid $15 per hour
- Program runs May 31 to July 27
- Approximately 30 hours per week (shift times may vary)
- Networking opportunities with professionals
- “Test drive” careers before pursuing or eliminating fields of study
- Students must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be enrolled in a Seminole County Public High School as a junior or senior
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative unweighted GPA (on a 4.0 GPA scale)
- Provide a current high school transcript
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher (non-relative)
- Ability to work inside and outside
- Ability to use web-based applications
- Comfortable with animal interactions
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (shift times may vary)
- Must provide own transportation to and from the City
Applications are currently closed.