An unlimited amount of recycling may be placed curbside for collection. Place all recycle items in recycle bins and place curbside by 7 a.m.
For recycling pick-up information, view the My Government Services App.
Bins are provided at no charge to residents. To order free recycle bins, please contact the City at (407) 571-8611 or email. We will deliver your bins on your next recycle day.
Note: Recycle items must be placed in blue bins provided by the City. The City no longer accepts recycle materials placed in plastic bags.
City Drop-Off Locations
Residents can drop off recycled items at the following locations. Please adhere to the recycling guidelines.
- City Hall (Parking Lot Behind the Annex Building)
225 Newburyport Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Eastmonte Park
830 Magnolia Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Pasteboard (e.g., empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls as well as cereal, soda, beer, tissue, gift and shoe boxes)
- Brown paper grocery bags (NO wax, wet strength material or liners)
- Corrugated cardboard (flattened and cut down to no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet)
- Newspapers, supplements, magazines, catalogs, telephone books, junk mail, white and colored paper
- Clean plastic containers #1 - #7 (#s are on the bottom). Remove and dispose of all lids.
- Clean glass bottles and jars (clear, green and brown). Remove and dispose of all lids.
- Clean aluminum, steel and tin cans
You do not need to remove labels, but please rinse all containers before placing in bins. Food items can attract pests and bears.
- Plastic bags, planting pots, plastic trays
- Aluminum foil, pie plates
- Styrofoam (e.g., cups, egg cartons, etc.)
- Pizza boxes
- Wax-coated cardboard
- Shredded paper
- Light bulbs, drink ware (glass or plastic)
- Plastic containers or cans housing motor oil, paint, pesticides, herbicides, pool chemicals or any other hazardous material
- Electronic devices
- Broken glass (e.g., windows, mirrors)