- Human Resources
- Job Opportunities
The City of Altamonte Springs has implemented a new job application platform. View available positions now.
How to Apply
To apply for jobs at the City, visit the Job Opportunities page. Interested applicants must create an account with GovernmentJobs.com Powered by NEOGOV. You will need an email account to complete the online application. Each person applying for a job must have their own email address.
- To begin the job application process, please visit our Job Opportunities page.
- Click on “Sign In,” in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Next to “Don’t Have an Account?” Click on “Create One” to begin the process of creating a profile.
- Enter your email address and create a username and password to create an account.
- After your account has been established, you can create an application or review available job titles.
- Click on the job title that interests you.
- Review the job requirements and click “Apply.”
- You can access your online profile to create/update your application and apply for future jobs.
- When applying for a position, provide a complete history of the most recent 10 years of your work experience and your full education information.
- You must submit an online application in order to be considered for each job opening. You will have an opportunity to copy and paste your resume into the application, but resumes alone are not accepted.
- If you have questions about a position or the application review process, pleases contact our Human Resources department at (407) 571-8000 or GR82B@Altamonte.org.
- If you experience any technical difficulties creating a login or applying for a job, please call NEOGOV Technical Support at 1(855) 524-5627.
Next Steps In the Application Process
Completed applications are held by Human Resources until the position closing date. Human Resources and hiring supervisors review applications based on qualifying skills, experience and education information provided in the application to determine position eligibility. Applicants with the highest skills and most relevant work history required for the position are scheduled for interviews and any necessary testing. Testing can range from skills assessments to physical fitness assessments. The selection process can take from three to 14 weeks, depending on the position.
If not selected for interview or hire, applicants will receive notification via email or postcard. All inquiries regarding this process should be directed to Human Resources.
Policy on Equal Employment Opportunity
The City prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation in all of its employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex (including gender, gender identification, or expression), age, national origin, political affiliation, disability, genetic information, marital status, military veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. The City of Altamonte Springs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
Veteran’s preference is given according to Florida Law. Submit your Veteran’s Preference Certification and applicable documentation for each position no later than the position advertisement closing date or before a final selection is made for preference consideration. Questions regarding the required forms and substantiating documentation should be submitted to Human Resources at (407) 571-8000 or GR82B@Altamonte.org. Download the following forms if applicable:
- Veterans' Preference Certification (VP-1)
- Certification of Current Member of Reserved Armed Forces or National Guard (VP-2)
- Certification of Unremarried Widow or Widower (VP-3)
Application forms are only accepted for jobs that are available and posted. Interested persons wishing to apply for positions not currently open may complete an Interest Card. Cards are also available at the Human Resources Department.
To view current job listings, visit the Job Opportunities page.