2021 Summer Camp Sessions
Altamonte Springs Recreation is offering a modified summer camp program for children ages 8 to 12. The program offers 10 weekly sessions through August 6 with a limited capacity of participants per session. Registration is required for each session. Cost is $90 per session. Weekly sessions begin June 1 with the last session beginning the week of August 2. There is no camp on July 5.
Activities include sports, games, arts and crafts, movies, swimming and special guests. The program is limited to Altamonte Springs residents. Registration begins April 5.
Health & Safety
- Staff will undergo symptom checking daily including temperature checks. Those exhibiting symptoms of illness or measure a temperature of 100.4 or more will be sent home.
- Temperature checks will be conducted on participants daily. Those measuring a temperature of 100.4 or more will not be able to participate in camp.
- Campers who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- If a camper is feeling ill or shows symptoms related to COVID-19, they will be isolated from the group until a parent can take them home.
- Staff will wear face coverings (masks) and carry hand sanitizer at all times.
- For the safety of the campers, parents are prohibited from entering dedicated indoor camp areas.
- No more than two campers may use the restroom at the same time.
- Staff will encourage and maintain safe social distance between staff, participants and parents.
- Staff will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer and covering of coughs or sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Physical closeness and the length of time campers are close to one another will be taken into consideration for all activities.
- The City has enhanced its cleaning and disinfecting schedule and procedures.