2020 Summer Camp Sessions
Altamonte Springs Recreation is offering a modified summer camp program for children ages 8 to 12 beginning Monday, June 22. The program will offer seven, one-week sessions through August 7 with a limited capacity of 64 participants per session.
Registration is required for each session. Cost is $90 per session. (Note: Cost for the June 29 session is $75 due to a four-day week.)
Activities include sports, games, arts and crafts, movies, swimming and special guests. (Note: Swimming is not available June 22 through June 30.) The program is limited to Altamonte Springs residents. Online registration begins June 15.
Health & Safety
- Staff will undergo symptom checking daily including temperature checks. Those exhibiting symptoms of illness or measure a temperature of 100.4 or more will be sent home.
- Temperature checks will be conducted on participants daily. Those measuring a temperature of 100.4 or more will not be able to participate in camp.
- Campers who are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19 should stay home.
- If a camper is feeling ill or shows symptoms related to COVID-19, they will be isolated from the group until a parent can take them home.
- Staff will wear face coverings (masks) and carry hand sanitizer at all times.
- For the safety of the campers, parents are prohibited from entering dedicated indoor camp areas.
- No more than two campers may use the restroom at the same time.
- Staff will encourage and maintain safe social distance between staff, participants and parents.
- Staff will promote healthy hygiene including frequent, proper and effective hand washing, use of hand sanitizer and covering of coughs or sneezes with a tissue or inside of elbow.
- Physical closeness and the length of time campers are close to one another will be taken into consideration for all activities.
NOTE: The City has enhanced its cleaning and disinfecting schedule and procedures.